Webinar Style Event
Friday 18th September 2020
Two Sessions: 10.00 – 11.30 am & 2.00 – 3.30 pm
A number of projects funded under the Landscape Decisions Programme explore how creative approaches can influence landscape decision making.
The event is organised by AALERT 4DM with the Landscape Decisions Coordination Team and it will be delivered in two sessions.
- The morning session will explore and debate perspectives of different projects about engaging with creative practices and understanding landscape decision making in the context of specific projects.
- The afternoon session in an open conversation will debate how creative approaches can influence landscape decision making.
The event is open to wider audiences and all speakers and hosts will be participating in both sessions.
Sign up for the workshop on Eventbrite here: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/x/creative-approaches-understanding-influencing-landscape-decision-making-tickets-120132498537?utm_term=eventname_text
MORNING SESSION 10.00 – 11.30 am
General overview to event scope and structure by AALERT
SESSION 1: UNDERSTANDING DECISION MAKING
Short talks by a number of participating projects
To outline their practices and explain how they understand decision making in the context of their project. Open discussion – speakers to respond to each other and take questions posted in the chat
AFTERNOON SESSION 2.00 – 3.30 pm
Stimuli presentation on barriers and opportunities in influencing Decision Making – by member of the LDCT – TBC
SESSION 2: INFLUENCING DECISON MAKING
General discussion to reflect on issues raised in the morning session and explore:
How do we believe creative approaches can influence decision making?
We hope that the discussions will lead to a written output that will complement the writing themes that emerged from the Landscape Decisions discussion events in July on the general theme of “Principles for participatory landscape decision making, the role of creativity, and best practice for interacting with landscape stakeholders”
List of Participating Projects
- AALERT 4DM – Arts and Artists fro Decision Making
- Changing landscapes, changing lives: how can narrative and biographical perspectives improve landscape decision making?
- Connecting disadvantaged young people with landscape through arts
- Creative landscape futures: making decisions with the arts and humanities
- Decommissioning the Twentieth Century:
- Design Innovation and Land-Assets: Towards New Thinking & Communities
- Energy Landscapes, Heritage and Community
- HydroSpheres: co-design for landscape decision-making
- Imagining the measure of change: art, science and the estuary community
- Landscape Futures and the Challenge of Change: Towards Integrated Cultural/Natural Heritage Decision Making
- Landscapes of the Mind
- Multisensory multispecies storytelling to engage disadvantaged groups in changing landscape
- TREESCAPES – Making visible the cultural values at risk from tree pests and diseases through arts approaches.
- Unlocking Landscapes: History, Culture and Sensory Diversity in Landscape Use and Decision Making
- Tipping Points: Cultural Responses to Wilding and Land Sharing in the North of England